MODERN LUXURY, the preeminent luxury lifestyle publisher in the United States with over 80 titles across 20 major cities, is seeking an entry-level Staff Accountant for the Atlanta corporate office. This individual is responsible for supporting the Accounting Manager and Senior Accounting Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting department. The Staff Accountant is expected to have strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills. Candidate must be a team player and able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Directly Reports to: Accounting Manager
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Prepare & post monthly journal entries for balance sheet & key income statement accounts
- Oversee prompt & accurate approval of accounts payable coding of invoices in AP system
- Daily cash posting to A/R subledger
- Assist in preparation of daily cash report
- Assist in monthly revenue reconciliation process
- Maintain fixed assets in Great Plains
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation
- Analyze Income statement accounts including comparisons to budgeted and year over year (YOY) results
- Respond to inquiries from senior management and internal and external auditors
- Ad Hoc reporting, analysis, as requested
- Comply with corporate policies and procedures, GAAP and internal controls, including maintaining accurate records and work papers
- Attend regularly scheduled weekly and monthly individual and group department meetings.
- Provide timely, exemplary customer service to internal departments and market staff
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- 0-3 years corporate accounting experience including AR, AP & GL
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience using MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) experience a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.