SENIOR MARKETING COORDINATOR
Location: San Francisco and Silicon Valley Markets
Directly Reports to: Market President and Publisher
At Modern Luxury, connection and community define who we are. Reaching an audience of more than 16 million nationally, we are the nation's largest luxury media company offering leading brands access to the most affluent audiences in the most prominent cities across the U.S. Through the power of the Modern Luxury platform including 85+ brands across 22 markets, we deliver powerful marketing solutions allowing luxury brands to connect with their audiences in the places and ways that matter most.
Modern Luxury San Francisco and Silicon Valley are unique markets representing a multiplatform portfolio of digital, print and experiential products include amazing brands like San Francisco Magazine, Silicon Valley Magazine, Charity Datebook, CityGuide Bay Area and events including Best of San Francisco, Best of Wine Country and others. We have a unique position in the market and have and engaged, enthusiastic audience who connects with our content and events.
The Modern Luxury Bay Area team is seeking Marketing Coordinators to support the day-to-day marketing responsibilities. This collaborative, organized and creative member of our team will participate in the planning and execution of consumer events, sponsorships, social and other programs intended to make Modern Luxury stand apart in the market. This role is an important position within the overall marketing team and will collaborate with the marketing team members across the national organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience in events and social planning and management with excellent project management skills in order to deliver programs on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will also have proven negotiation, problem solving and organization skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist marketing team with all event execution of 50+ events annually including on site presence at events (nights and weekends)
- Participate in creating and maintaining necessary planning documents (e.g. event calendar, photographer tracking, and staffing)
- On-site execution from packing, shipping pre-event to set up and break down at venue post event as needed
- Assist with event production logistics including ordering of supplies and coordinating packaging and shipment of supplies
- Ensure Modern Luxury events are activated with consistency and meet brand and event guidelines to maximize experiential excellence
- Project manage onsite promotional elements at events (i.e. signage such as cover blow ups, step and repeat, etc)
- Responsible for pre- and post-event coverage (About Town, Scene and social media)
- Manage event calendar and staffing for events
- Follow cadence, create content and monitor social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) across all Bay Area platforms
- Day-to-day assistance with internship program including managing in-office schedule, assigning projects, oversee digital promotional implementation, social media takeovers and custom content creation, and staffing for events
- Assist marketing and sales team with all added value initiatives (booking photographers, magazine distribution as it relates to events, post-event coverage, etc)
- Assist with all in-book promotions (About Towns, Weddings Social Circles, brand ads for campaigns/consumer events)
PROFILE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in event planning, social media marketing and/or media space required
- Experience creating content for social media with strong social media experience and familiarity with managing multiple accounts
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and G-Suite
- Superior project management and organization skills with ability to multitask and work well in fast-paced environments
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be client service and detail oriented
- Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Background in experiential marketing a plus
- Understanding of the publishing and digital marketing landscape also a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Please submit resume materials to Walter Kupiec, Market President and Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.