REGIONAL FINANCE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Location: Atlanta, GA
Directly Reports to: CFO
At Modern Luxury, connection and community define who we are. Reaching an audience of more than 16 million, we are the nation's largest luxury media company offering leading brands access to the most affluent audiences in the most prominent cities across the U.S. Through the power of the Modern Luxury platform including 85+ brands across 22 markets, we deliver powerful marketing solutions allowing luxury brands to connect with their audiences in the places and ways that matter most.
Modern Luxury is seeking a Regional Finance Director for the Atlanta corporate office. This individual will serve as the liaison between the corporate office and the local market for all finance and accounting related activities, including but not limited to monthly P&L reviews (including actuals, budgets and forecasts), commissions calculations, accounts receivable, and billing. The Regional Finance Director is expected to have strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills. Candidate must be a team player and able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Accounts Receivable Management and Review
- Oversee Billing Reviews for Markets
- Evaluate Trade Contract Approvals
- Monitor Trade Usage & Ensure Completeness and Timeliness of Reporting
- Prepare and Update Monthly Trade Usage Schedules
- Provide Accounting Team with Monthly Trade Journal Entries
- Evaluation of Adequacy of Accounts Receivable Reserves / Bad Debts
- Prepare Bad Debt Reserve Journal Entries for Markets
- Ensure Timeliness and Completeness of Accounts Payable Invoice Flow Process
- Review and Approve Marketing Cost Sheets for Accuracy / Completeness
- Complete Sales Commission Calculations for Markets & Prepare Journal Entries for Expense Accruals
- Identify Best Practices for Dissemination to Company Management
- Preliminary Financial Statement Reviews
- Review & Approve Credit Terms for Advertising Contracts
- Final Financial Statement Reviews with Markets
- Assist in the Preparation of Annual Budget & Quarterly Forecast Process
- Management Analytics and Ad Hoc Analysis, as required
- Attend regularly scheduled weekly and monthly individual and group department meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required
- 5-8 years relevant Finance and Accounting experience including AR, AP & GL
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience using MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) experience a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.