As Office Manager, all requirements to maintain office, from ordering supplies, answering phones, trouble-shooting issues/complaints, maintaining machines to supporting sales team, must be met day-to-day in order to run the office efficiently. Additional tasks include meeting DM Luxury requirements to fulfill position as Office Manager such as executing accounting/expense reports, maintaining vendor list, managing client database, updating trade accounts/agreements, distribution agreements, etc., while providing an enthusiastic and approachable environment.
As Sales and Marketing Coordinator, responsibilities include assisting with overall sales and marketing plan to create, develop and execute initiatives for magazine, events, and online & social media goals.
Assists with research, development and marketing for all events including managing guest lists, interns, partners and supplies. Supports sales team with marketing collateral to promote and sell events to qualified partners.
Relies on experience, judgment and collaborative engagement with Publisher and Marketing Manager & Events to plan and succeed magazine marketing & event visions. Provides prompt and accurate response to all client and team requests via phone or email.
Department: Administrative / Marketing
Reports To: Publisher
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent Hawaii office, assisting all clients and partners with enthusiasm and professionalism
- Support to sales team
- Managing special section promotions
- Perform marketing research and preparation of sales collateral
- Oversee and report on trade contracts
- Maintain and manage all DM Luxury required reports
- Train and support new hire employees
- Create policy and procedure materials for and train back-up personnel
- Handle all accounting invoices and manage office budget
- Manage distribution agreements and delivery of magazines
- Support Marketing Manager & Events during all events from conception to execution
- Oversee hiring, training and recruiting interns
- Explore new and existing sales and marketing/events to identify new ideas
- Must attend all events and offer support to assist in execution of event
- Coordinates and attends walk-thru’s of all events
- And other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree – Degree in marketing or communication preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Proficiency with MS Office including PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Ability to multitask and execute projects effectively and provide follow up
- Take initiative to begin new projects to assist progress in marketing, events and sales resources
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Professional image, work ethic, and integrity
- Must have excellent people and service skills
- Must work well with others on the team and in the department
- Must have enthusiasm and positive attitude at all times
- Must have attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must have demonstrated initiative and ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to anticipate needs, be resourceful, and use sound judgment
- Manage time and establish priorities to meet deadlines while being process oriented and flexible
- Critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills balanced with vision and creativity.
- Must be a quick learner to gain knowledge of organizational operations, procedures & programs
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Disclaimer: This job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.