At Modern Luxury, connection and community define who we are. Reaching an audience of more than 16 million, we are the nation's largest luxury media company offering leading brands access to the most affluent audiences in the most prominent cities across the U.S. Through the power of the Modern Luxury platform including 85+ brands across 22 markets, we deliver powerful marketing solutions allowing luxury brands to connect with their audiences in the places and ways that matter most.
Location: New York, NY
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Modern Luxury NY-based Marketing team is seeking motivated, creative and professional students to participate in the fall 2019 internship program which will primarily support day-to-day brand and corporate marketing responsibilities and special projects. This internship may also provide the opportunity to support and learn about the sales organization.
This collaborative, organized and creative group of interns will have an opportunity to participate in the planning and execution of diversified brand marketing programs supporting luxury brands and consisting of experiential, digital/social and editorial platforms. Key tasks include supporting the planning, execution and post program process of key national programs. Specifically, events are an important part of the Modern Luxury organization and will be one of the primary focuses of the fall internship program, allowing interns to become familiar with the planning and execution process in order to produce superior experiential activations. Events may take place at night or during the weekends.
Participants may also participate in various corporate marketing projects related to website development, PR initiatives, development of marketing collateral as well as the development of new corporate marketing tools and processes. Interns may also have an opportunity to support the sales organization in collaboration with marketing.
This internship position will play an important role within the marketing team and will allow participants to learn in depth about both brand and corporate marketing functions as well as sales process. The position will play a vital role in supporting and developing key brand and corporate marketing projects in close collaboration with the Brand Marketing team and CMO. The program will be managed day-to-day by the Marketing Assistant as directed by the CMO. Internship duties may vary greatly.
The ideal candidates will have experience in brand and corporate marketing and will also have superior writing skills, excellent communication skills and be extremely detail-oriented. This internship will allow participants to enhance their knowledge of the media industry.
Must be eligible for college credit. Please connect with your career center to learn more about your options. This internship is unpaid. Interns are to be available to volunteer 15-20 hours during the week. We are looking to help enhance the knowledge of the media industry for someone who is organized, dedicated and creative.
PROFILE & EXPERIENCE:
- All applicants must be enrolled in college and eligible to receive credit for their participation in the internship program.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Superior Powerpoint / Keynote capabilities
- Excellent project management and organization skills with ability to multitask and work well in fast-paced environments
- Must be client service and detail oriented
- Advanced knowledge of Google Drive - Excel & Word
- Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of the publishing, experiential and digital marketing landscape a plus
- Knowledge of luxury brands a plus
- All applicants must have a laptop they can bring into the office
- Available to volunteer 15-20 hours per week
- Available nights and weekends as needed to support experiential activations
To apply, please email your résumé and cover letter to Kelly Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org.