Interns will learn the inner-workings of what goes into putting a magazine together from a marketing and sales perspective. The intern will report directly to the Marketing Team, and will be assigned tasks from the Marketing team, Sales Account Executives, and the Publishers directly. Interns will have constant interaction between other interns and the rest of the office. Internship duties vary greatly. Tasks include social media creation, strategy and execution, sales client research, client outreach, social media updates, reporting current events on the website and post-event coverage, Miami event research and planning, and more. Interns will also have the opportunity to join us and assist with events throughout the year. Events are also another vital part of this internship and part of what the Marketing teams deliver for advertising clients. Interns will learn pre-event prep details, about event execution and all that is involved in delivering a great event, as well about a number of other factors that comprise post-event wrap up and deliverables.
REQUIREMENTS: MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR COLLEGE CREDIT!
Connect with your career center to learn more about your options. Internship is unpaid. Interns are to be available for 20+ hours throughout the week. Since events are an integral part of what we do, the internship may require working evenings and some weekend nights/days in order to be a part of events. We are very flexible with your schedule but do need someone that is committed and interested in the magazine. We are looking to help enhance the knowledge of the magazine industry for someone who is organized, dedicated, creative, as well as someone who we can rely on.
- Knowledge of Google Drive - Excel & Word
- Ability to create content for social media
- Fast-learner, ability to multi-task, responsible, reliable, self-motivated and trustworthy
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, problem solving skills
- Interested and creative in content creation for social media accounts, especially Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Working knowledge of InDesign & Photoshop is a plus
- Strong writing/journalistic abilities
- Research skills
- Fact-checking experience
- Strong communication skills (must be outgoing, social and comfortable networking and interviewing)
- Knowledge of AP style
- Fluent in the Miami social scene
- Reliable, trustworthy and deadline-driven
- All applicants MUST be enrolled in college and eligible to receive credit for their participation in the internship program. Office hours are 2-3 days per week.
- All applicants must have a laptop they can bring into the office.
- All applicants must have a means of transportation to get to the office.
To apply, email your résumé and cover letter to Stephanie Johoy: firstname.lastname@example.org