Location: Orange County, CA
Directly Reports to: Regional Marketing Director, West
At Modern Luxury, connection and community define who we are. Reaching an audience of more than 16 million, we are the nation's largest luxury media company offering leading brands access to the most affluent audiences in the most prominent cities across the U.S. Through the power of the Modern Luxury platform including 85+ brands across 22 markets, we deliver powerful marketing solutions allowing luxury brands to connect with their audiences in the places and ways that matter most.
Modern Luxury Southern California is a unique market representing the largest portfolio with seven brands including Angeleno, Interiors, Modern Luxury Palm Springs, Modern Luxury Beverly Hills, Modern Luxury Orange County, and Modern Luxury San Diego.
The Modern Luxury team is seeking a Marketing Assistant to support the Southern California day-to-day marketing responsibilities. This collaborative, organized and creative member of our team will participate in the planning and execution of consumer events, sponsorships, social and other programs intended to make Modern Luxury stand apart in the industry. This role is an important position within the overall marketing team and will collaborate with the marketing team members across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience in events and social planning and management with excellent project management skills in order to deliver programs on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will also have proven negotiation, problem solving and organization skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist marketing team with all event execution of 100+ events annually including coordination of client needs and on the ground support with production logistics at events (will include nights and weekends) under supervision by Director
- Assist with coordinating vendors, deliverables, insurance, contracts, etc.
- Assist with timelines, marketing collateral, and client sponsorship elements in conjunction with events
- Help coordinate all RSVP management prior to and during events
- Order all necessary materials for events (covers, blow ups, gift bags, supplies, etc.)
- Collect invoices for any marketing needs (photographers, enhancements, etc.)
- Assist with all internal event calendars and google documents, keeping them up to date with latest event details and sponsorships
- Ensure Modern Luxury events are activated with consistency and meet brand and event guidelines to maximize experiential excellence
o Assist with event support across SoCal events as needed
- Assist with following cadence, creating content and monitoring social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) across all Los Angeles publications under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Modern Luxury Social Strategy lead.
- Assist marketing and sales team with all added value initiatives (booking photographers, magazine distribution as it relates to events, post-event coverage, etc.)
- Assist with all in-book promotions (About Towns, Top 5, brand ads for campaigns/consumer events)
PROFILE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism)
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in event marketing, integrated marketing and/or media space
- Experience creating content for social media with strong social media experience and familiarity with managing multiple accounts
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and G-Suite
- Superior project management and organization skills with ability to multitask and work well in fast-paced environments
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be client service and detail oriented
- Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Please submit resume materials to Alexandra Schwab, at email@example.com.