Position: MARKETING DIRECTOR/OFFICE MANAGER
Location: SCOTTSDALE, AZ
Directly Reports to: CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER & MARKET PRESIDENT
At Modern Luxury, connection and community define who we are. Reaching an audience of more than 16 million, we are the nation's largest luxury media company offering leading brands access to the most affluent audiences in the most prominent cities across the U.S. Through the power of the Modern Luxury platform including 85+ brands across 22 markets, we deliver powerful marketing solutions allowing luxury brands to connect with their audiences in the places and ways that matter most.
Modern Luxury Scottsdale is the preeminent luxury lifestyle publication in Scottsdale, acting as the local authority on topics such as high end retail, dining hot spots, design trends, and Scottsdale’s top tastemakers and personalities. As part of the award-winning Modern Luxury network of regional publications, Modern Luxury Scottsdale is able to deliver cutting-edge fashion spreads, international travel features and revealing celebrity profiles, ensuring its content consistently engages the cultured reader. Plus, thanks to a renowned team on the ground with its pulse on the market, interactive digital brand extensions and unrivaled events, Modern Luxury Scottsdale excels in capturing the metropolitan lifestyle, making it a valuable partner for companies wishing to reach Scottsdale’s most affluent consumers.
The Modern Luxury Scottsdale team is seeking a Marketing Director/Office Manager to support the Scottsdale day-to-day marketing and administrative responsibilities. This collaborative, organized and creative member of our team will participate in the planning and execution of consumer events, sponsorships, social and other programs intended to make Modern Luxury stand apart in the industry. This role is an important position within the overall corporate marketing team and will collaborate with the marketing and sales teams, as well as with the Market President & Group Publisher.
The ideal candidate will have experience in events and social planning and management with excellent project management skills in order to deliver programs on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will also have proven negotiation, problem solving and organization skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
MARKETING ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- All event execution of events annually including on site presence at events (some nights and weekends, but mostly during the week on Thursday’s)
- Participate in creating and maintaining necessary planning documents (e.g. event calendar, photographer tracking, and staffing)
- On-site execution from packing, shipping pre-event to set up and break down at venue post event as needed
- Assist with event production logistics including ordering of supplies and coordinating packaging and shipment of supplies
- Ensure Modern Luxury events are activated with consistency and meet brand and event guidelines to maximize experiential excellence
- Project manage onsite promotional elements at events (i.e. signage such as cover blow ups, step and repeat, etc)
- Responsible for pre- and post-event coverage (About Town, Scene and social media)
- Manage event calendar and staffing for events
- Follow cadence, create content and monitor 3 social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) across all Scottsdale publications
- Day-to-day assistance managing in-office administration, assigning projects, oversee digital promotional implementation, social media takeovers and custom content creation, and staffing for events
- Assist sales team with all added value initiatives (booking photographers, magazine distribution as it relates to events, post-event coverage, etc)
- Assist with all in-book promotions (About Towns, Top 5, brand ads for campaigns/consumer events)
OFFICE MANAGER ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
o Represent the Scottsdale office, assisting all clients and partners with enthusiasm and professionalism
o Support to sales team
o Perform marketing research and preparation of sales collateral
o Oversee and report on trade contracts
o Maintain and manage all DM Luxury required reports
o Support new hire employees
o Handle all accounting invoices and manage office budget
o Manage distribution agreements and delivery of magazines
o Oversee hiring, training and recruiting interns
o Explore new and existing sales and marketing/events to identify new ideas
PROFILE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism)
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in event planning, social media marketing and/or media space required
- Experience creating content for social media with strong social media experience and familiarity with managing multiple accounts
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Superior project management and organization skills with ability to multitask and work well in fast-paced environments
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be client service and detail oriented
- Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Background in experiential marketing a plus
- Understanding of the publishing and digital marketing landscape also a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Please submit resume materials to Michael Zivyak, Market President & Group Publisher Scottsdale, at firstname.lastname@example.org.