Editorial interns work directly with Modern Luxury's Editor-in-Chief and gain invaluable experience producing cutting-edge content for Interiors South Florida and Weddings South Florida and the Caribbean. This is a completely hands-on and intensive internship suitable only for someone who has a strong interest in magazine journalism, is a fast learner, thinks on their feet and embraces a “can-do” attitude. Responsibilities include: fact-checking, story research, pitching, writing, proofreading/editing and transcribing, as well as attending events and photo shoots as needed.
REQUIREMENTS: MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR COLLEGE CREDIT!
Connect with your career center to learn more about your options. Internship is unpaid. Interns are to be available for 20+ hours throughout the week. Since events are an integral part of what we do, the internship may require working evenings and some weekend nights/days in order to be a part of events. We are very flexible with your schedule but do need someone that is committed and interested in the magazine. We are looking to help enhance the knowledge of the magazine industry for someone who is organized, dedicated, creative, as well as someone who we can rely on.
- Strong writing/journalistic abilities
- Research skills
- Fact-checking experience
- Strong communication skills (must be outgoing, social and comfortable networking and interviewing)
- Knowledge of AP style
- Fluent in the Miami social scene
- Reliable, trustworthy and deadline-driven
- All applicants MUST be enrolled in college and eligible to receive credit for their participation in the internship program. Office hours are 2-3 days per week.
- All applicants must have a laptop they can bring into the office.
- All applicants must have a means of transportation to get to the office.
To apply, email your résumé and cover letter to Stephanie Johoy: firstname.lastname@example.org