Editorial interns work directly with Modern Luxury's Houston-based Editor-in-Chief, and gain invaluable experience producing cutting-edge content for Houston magazine and Modern Luxury Weddings Houston. This is a completely hands-on and intensive internship suitable only for someone who has a strong interest in magazine journalism, is a fast learner, thinks on their feet and embraces a “can-do” attitude. Responsibilities include: fact-checking, story research, pitching, writing, proofreading/editing and transcribing, as well as attending events and photo shoots as needed.
To apply, email your résumé and cover letter to Mimi Faucett Trahan: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Strong writing/journalistic abilities
- Research skills
- Fact-checking experience
- Strong communication skills (must be outgoing, social and comfortable networking and interviewing)
- Knowledge of AP style
- Fluent in the Houston social scene
- Reliable, trustworthy and deadline-driven
- All applicants MUST be enrolled in college and eligible to receive credit for their participation in the internship program. Office hours are 2-3 days per week.
- All applicants must have a laptop they can bring into the office.
- All applicants must have a means of transportation to get to the office.