Editorial interns volunteer directly with Modern Luxury's Atlanta-based editors and gain invaluable experience producing cutting-edge content for The Atlantan, JEZEBEL, Interiors Atlanta, Modern Luxury Weddings Atlanta, Modern Luxury Medicine + Doctors and Charity & Social Datebook Atlanta. This is a completely hands-on and intensive internship that requires a thorough understanding of magazine and editorial writing, the ability to multitask and a can-do attitude. Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to: fact-checking, story research, pitching, writing, proofreading for AP style, transcribing and assisting at photo shoots. Interns with exceptional writing skills will cover Atlanta’s luxury culture, fashion, dining and philanthropy scenes. Interns are an extension of the editorial team—only those that have the ability to take on the internship with a serious, professional and dedicated manner should apply. Class credit is required for this internship with no exceptions given. Interns must be available to work in the office 4-6 hours (between the office hours of 10am-5pm) for a minimum of 2-3 days per week in fall/spring semester, or 3-4 days per week in summer semester. Note that this is a non-paid internship.
- Must be able to receive school credit for participation in the internship program
- Must be available to work in the office 4-6 hours (between the office hours of 10am-5pm) for a minimum of 2-3 days per week in fall/spring semester, or 3-4 days per week in summer semester
- Knowledge of AP Stylebook
- Strong writing/journalistic abilities
- Research skills
- Fact-checking experience
- Strong communication skills (must be comfortable networking and interviewing)
- Reliable, trustworthy and deadline-driven
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently
Please submit resume and cover letter materials to Ashton Pike at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Modern Luxury Atlanta Editorial Intern Application.” Please also note which semester you are applying for when submitting your application.
Spring Semester (January-May) Application Deadline: Nov. 1
Summer Semester (May-August) Application Deadline: April 1
Fall Semester (August-December) Application Deadline: July 1