Editorial interns work directly with Modern Luxury's Chicago-based editors and gain invaluable experience producing cutting-edge content for CS, Men's Book Chicago, suburban-focused NS, Modern Luxury Weddings Chicago and Interiors Chicago. This is a completely hands-on and intensive internship that requires a thorough understanding of magazine and editorial writing, the ability to multi-task and a "can-do" attitude. Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to: fact checking, story research, pitching, writing and transcribing. Interns with exceptional writing skills will cover Chicago's culture, fashion, dining and philanthrophy scenes during their time at Modern Luxury Chicago. Interns are an extension of our editorial team—only those that have the ability to take on the internship with a serious, professional and dedicated manner should apply.
- Strong writing/journalistic abilities
- Research skills
- Fact-checking experience
- Strong communication skills (must be outgoing, social and comfortable networking and interviewing)
- Knowledge of AP style
- Fluent in the Chicago social scene
- Reliable, trustworthy and deadline-driven
- All applicants MUST be enrolled in college and eligible to receive credit for their participation in the internship program. Office hours are 2-3 days per week, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
About CS Magazine
CS (formerly Chicago Social) is the preeminent luxury lifestyle publication in Chicago, acting as the local authority on topics such as high-end retail, dining hot spots, design trends and Chicago’s top tastemakers and personalities. As part of the award-winning Modern Luxury network of regional publications, CS delivers cutting-edge fashion spreads, international travel features and revealing celebrity profiles, actively engaging the cultured reader.
Please submit resume materials to Stephen Ostrowski at email@example.com with the subject “CS Magazine Editorial Intern Application.”