How do you translate print to online? What goes into an SEO-friendly headline? What are the best oyster happy hours in Atlanta?
Modern Luxury is seeking editorial digital interns interested in answering these questions, and more, to join us in our Buckhead Atlanta office. Fall internships begin in August and conclude in December. The application deadline is Friday, August 9th.
We’re looking for smart, sociable, professional writers who appreciate the finer things in life and can produce clean content at a quick pace. Internships are unpaid and you must be eligible to receive college credit, but we promise real-world professional experience and advice in your time here, including career discussions with our senior editors in the Atlanta office. Typical hours are 10am to 4pm, Monday through Thursday, though scheduling is flexible to accommodate classes and you will only need to work 2-3 days a week. You must be able to work in the Atlanta office to be considered.
As an intern, you won’t be making anyone coffee, unless you want some for yourself. Instead, you’ll be working directly with Modern Luxury's two Atlanta-based Senior Digital Strategists and our VP of Editorial, gaining invaluable experience in CMS, SEO, writing/editing, and uploading content for some (not all) of our 30 sites, including our city titles, Weddings titles and Interiors titles. This is a completely hands-on and intensive internship, suitable only for someone who is a self starter, fast leaner and team player.
Responsibilities include: uploading content from the magazines onto the websites, pitching, writing, story research. You may also be needed for fact-checking, proofreading/editing and transcribing, as well as attending events and photo shoots.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Strong writing/journalistic abilities
- Knowledge of SEO practices
- Experience with CMS
- Experience with Photoshop, or similar photo editing programs
- Interest in online content
- Interest in magazine journalism
- Research skills
- Fact-checking knowledge
- Knowledge of AP style
- Reliable, trustworthy and deadline-driven
- All applicants MUST be enrolled in college and eligible to receive credit for their participation in the internship program.
- All applicants must have a laptop they can bring into the office.
- All applicants must have a means of transportation to get to the office.