MARKETING COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
At Modern Luxury, connection and community define who we are. Reaching an audience of more than 16 million, we are the nation's largest luxury media company offering leading brands access to the most affluent audiences in the most prominent cities across the U.S. Through the power of the Modern Luxury Media ecosystem including 85+ brands across 22 markets, we deliver powerful marketing solutions allowing luxury brands to connect with their audiences in the places and ways that matter most.
As the Marketing Coordinator dedicated to marketing and events planning and execution, you will play a unique and important role in our collaborative and creative team. This organized and creative member will lead the planning and execution of consumer events, sponsorships, and other marketing initiatives to make Modern Luxury stand apart in the industry. This role is an important position within the overall Modern Luxury marketing organization.
Under the direction of the CMO and Regional Marketing Director, the Marketing Coordinator will lead the marketing efforts and will be responsible for the development and execution of all marketing initiatives across the South Florida portfolio. This includes conceiving and producing revenue generating marketing programs and events. The Marketing Coordinator will build relationships within the market that will create opportunities for effective brand and client partnerships. The role encompasses integrated marketing, events and partnerships, and public relations. The marketing coordinator will also collaborate with the sales organization to develop proposals, pitch and build relationships with clients.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the development of the annual experiential marketing planning and on-site execution of events in close partnership with the South Florida Sr. Marketing Director and Group Publisher. This position will lead the planning and execution of experiential activations and media sponsorships annually across all Modern Luxury South Florida brands.
The Marketing Coordinator will collaborate with sales to ideate and generate proposals for integrated programs and RFP responses for clients which include print, digital/social and experiential opportunities. Other duties include partnering with marketing staff to plan and execute integrated marketing programming and coordinate and deliver other initiatives to support programming (e.g. booking photographers, magazine distribution as it relates to events, post-event coverage, etc) and leading/assisting with all in-book marketing promotions including About Towns, Top 5, Special Sections and more.
The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, management and production, as well as integrated marketing and public relations with excellent project management skills in order to deliver programs on time and within budget.
The candidate must be team-oriented, able to create a high-energy, positive, forward-thinking, efficient, and creative environment to generate new ideas and novel thinking. He or she must also have superior organization skills and demonstrate impeccable attention to detail in order to maintain the highest level of brand standards. The person will also have proven problem solving skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be customer service oriented with a calm and professional demeanor along with the ability to drive teamwork.
This role is a unique and important position within the Modern Luxury South Florida region and will collaborate with various cross-functional teams within the region and across the organization.
AREAS OF FOCUS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and lead experiential marketing responsibilities, in close collaboration with region/market president and publisher, CMO and marketing staff
- Responsible for oversight of experiential activations annually across region
- Serve as key point person/lead for tentpole events/partnerships
- Stay up-to-date with experiential industry best practices and monitor competitor activity
- Partner with sales and marketing to ideate and generate proposals for integrated programs including print, digital/social and experiential opportunities
- Partner with marketing staff and other cross-functional team members to plan and execute integrated marketing programming
- Partner with sales and marketing staff to collaborate on other programming including all in-book marketing promotions (About Towns, Top 5, Special Sections)
- Collaboration & Communication:
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including other marketing team staff, Publishers, Sales, Legal, Finance, Operations, Production, Design, Executive team, and other key departments as needed throughout the planning and execution process for marketing campaigns and events.
- Be a steward of internal communications across the Marketing organization and region.
- Operations, Platforms, Tools/Guidelines:
- Master Events Calendar: Own the maintenance of the current Master Events Calendar for region events
- Planning Tools: Partner with CMO and marketing staff to adhere to experiential and other marketing planning tools (e.g. Experiential Playbook, Toolkits, Sell Sheets, Proposal Request Process, etc.).
- Revenue Optimization / P&L Process & Management:
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to serve as region Marketing/Experiential subject matter expert and ideate unique and compelling experiential and other marketing activations to generate proposals and secure renewal/new business opportunities.
- Collaborate with region sales leadership to identify and showcase most relevant experiential opportunities for National sales to maximize revenue.
- Identify market opportunities and uncover revenue growth channels by optimizing client integration and sponsorship to ensure profitability of events programming.
- Oversee development of all general marketing and experiential sell sheets, pitch materials and other sales collateral to bring activations to life and maximize revenue opportunities.
- Oversee P&L process and management across region experiential activations to ensure programs are delivered within budget and meet official event policy requirements.
- Conduct research to identify, evaluate and select local partners to align with as needed across experiential/marketing function.
- Develop and maintain strong ongoing relationships with cultural institutions, charities, film/TV/cable studios, members-only clubs, publicists, etc. to create meaningful and strategic corporate partnerships from an experiential marketing perspective, specific to the region, which are mutually beneficial and align with the Modern Luxury brand.
- Partner with sales leadership to evaluate and secure synergistic media sponsorships and manage associated activations/obligations.
PROFILE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Marketing)
- A minimum of 1+ years of experience in experiential marketing/event planning and execution, preferably at a Publisher/Lifestyle brand or agency.
- Understanding of and experience within the media industry and digital marketing landscape
- Must have a passion for experiential and producing best-in-class experiences
- Knowledge of event management tools including Splash a plus
- Must be client service and detail oriented
- Superior project management skills with ability to multitask and work well in fast-paced environments
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of G-Suite
- We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.